Frequently Asked Questions
- If I sign up for a 30 day free trial, will I be automatically subscribed at the end of my Free Trial?
No. We will send you an e-mail to notify you when your Free Trial has ended. If you wish to subscribe to ARBAonline, you may do so at any time by calling 1-800-368-6868. If you do nothing, your Free Trial will simply end.
- Does the free trial give me unlimited access to ARBAonline or are there limitations?
There are no limitations with the free trial. ARBAonline will provide you access to the last 11 years of ARBA-18,000 reviews-with hundreds of new reviews added every month.
- If I sign up for a free trial, how will I gain access to ARBAonline?
You will be contacted by a member of our technical services group who will assist you in setting up full access to ARBAonline. Trial access is via IP authentication.
- What is the price of a subscription to ARBAonline?
Please call 1-800-368-6868 for pricing.
- What are my purchasing options; how do I pay?
Please contact us at 1-800-368-6868 to find out more about payment options.
- If my library subscribes to ARBAonline, how many users can have access to ARBAonline at the same time?
Access is via IP authentication. With your subscription, an unlimited number of users can access the database via approved IP addresses.
- How do I cancel my subscription to ARBAonline?
If you would like to cancel your subscription please contact our customer service department at 1-800-368-6868 and they will assist you.
- I would like to be removed from the mailing list. How do I unsubscribe?
At the bottom of the newsletter there is an e-mail address to contact that will remove you from the mailing list. Or simply send an email to ARBAonline_news@librariesunlimited.com.
- Why should I subscribe to ARBAonline?
ARBAonline will provide you access to the last 11 years of ARBA-18,000 reviews. Written by librarians and scholars, these
reviews will aid you in collection development and keep you abreast of the
latest reference materials on the market. The easy searching capabilities
and download features will save time for the busy librarian.
- My library already has the print version of ARBA. Why should I subscribe to ARBAonline?
Both the print and online versions of ARBA offer critical reviews of the most
currently available reference materials; however, ARBAonline will provide you access to the last 11 years of ARBA-18,000 reviews at your fingertips 24
hours a day. ARBAonline also provides the added feature of monthly updates,
advanced searching mechanisms, and download capabilities. ARBAonline will
save the busy librarian time while still providing the reliable and authoritative
reviews that librarians have counted on for more than three decades.
- Where can I get an ARBAonline brochure or fact sheet to share with my colleagues?
You can download and print the fact sheet, the ARBAonline brochure, and press release. Simply go to the ARBAonline Information section on the homepage.
- How can I find out about the new features and books on ARBAonline?
Email alerts notifying you of new titles in a subject area will be available in the near future. In the meantime, you can sign up for ARBAonline's electronic mailing list which informs of the latest additions and enhancements.
- How often is the database updated?
ARBAonline is updated at the beginning of each month. Generally, 150 to 200 new reviews are added each month in a variety of subject categories. Newly added titles are highlighted with a blue bullet.
- Are there any special setup requirements on my computer to use ARBAonline?
ARBAonline is accessible via IP authentication, using standard web browsers.
No login or password are required.
- How do I contact Technical Support?
If you are having technical problems with ARBAonline, please contact us
with your question by email: email@example.com or by telephone: 1-877-863-1501
We respect the privacy of all ARBAonline visitors, subscribers, and free trial
participants. Information sent to us—such as names, addresses, phone
numbers, email addresses, etc.—is treated confidentially.
You can be assured of the following:
ARBAonline at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your information will not be shared with anyone outside of Libraries
Unlimited and affiliated companies.
- Your email address will not be provided or sold to third parties. Your
information will be used to:
- Maintain communications and respond to any questions you may have
- Ensure quality of service
- Consider your suggestions
- How can I become a reviewer?
The ARBA staff is always looking to expand its team of reviewers. If you have
relevant professional experience and writing proficiency we would like to
hear from you. You can contact the ARBA staff to request an application at
email@example.com, or visit the ARBAonline reviewer
website at http://reviews.arbaonline.com
- How can I get books reviewed?
Publishers wishing to have their materials reviewed on ARBAonline can send
their reference products (e.g., dictionaries, encyclopedias, guidebooks, indexes,
etc.) to the ARBA offices at:
American Reference Books Annual
130 Cremona Dr., Ste C
Santa Barbara, CA 93117
For more information on ARBA’s policies please read the Inclusion Criteria
and Information for Publishers sections.
February 24, 2017
Keep Me Informed
ARBAonline is under constant development. Our electronic mailing list keeps library
professionals informed of the latest news, additions, and enhancements.
Add me to the mailing list.